About the Wayne L. Whelan Scholarship
The Association will award a scholarship to an ACHE member who has held membership in ACHE for at least one year and who is engaged in graduate studies on either a full-time or part-time basis. In 2018, one scholarship in the amount of $1000 may be awarded.
• Open to: ACHE members who have maintained a membership for at least one year and are studying in the field of adult continuing higher education
• Focus: Graduate study in adult and continuing higher education
• Submission period: May 15 - July 31, 2018
• Be a full- or part-time graduate student currently enrolled or accepted for admission in an accredited graduate degree program;
• Be interested in the field of adult continuing education as a profession;
• Be an adult student 25 years of age or older;
• Have maintained an ACHE membership for at least one year prior to application.
Applicants must submit the following:
• A personal statement and explanation from the applicant (500-1000 words) of his or her interest in the award, why he or she should be considered a candidate, and financial interests/needs for his or her degree program;
• Three letters of support delineating the applicant's merits, course of study and how it relates to continuing higher education, and related explanations for the applicant's candidacy. Letters of support should include those from faculty and supervisors;
• Completed form (contact information below); and
• If the scholarship proceeds go toward research, the awardee shall make the results of that research available to the ACHE membership via "Five Minutes with ACHE," the "Journal of Continuing Higher Education," or a conference presentation within two years from the time of the award.