About the Graduate Student Conference Grant
The purpose of the ACHE Graduate Student Conference Grant is to provide financial support to graduate students interested in attending the annual ACHE meeting. The Association members believe that their interest and future contributions to the field of continuing higher education will help maintain the vitality of the organization. The ACHE Graduate Student Conference Grant covers the awardee's conference registration fee, travel and lodging up to a maximum of $1500.
• Open to: ACHE members who have maintained a membership for at least one year and are studying in the field of adult continuing higher education
• Focus: Graduate study in adult and continuing higher education
• Submission period: May 15 - July 31, 2018
• Be a full- or part-time graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program. The course of study must be applicable to the advancement of adult continuing education as a profession;
• Have demonstrated commitment to the field through a minimum of 5 years experience in adult/continuing education;
• Be an adult student 25 years of age or older;
• Have maintained an ACHE membership for at least one year prior to application;
• Agree to share the results of graduate work with the membership of ACHE via Five Minutes with ACHE, the Journal of Continuing Higher Education, or a conference presentation within two years from the time of the award.
Applicants must submit the following:
• A personal statement and explanation from the applicant (minimum of 500 words) of his or her interest in the award, and why he or she should be considered a candidate;
• A resume or vitae outlining his or her experience in continuing higher education;
• A completed graduate student conference grant application form (contact information below).