About the ACHE Memorial Staff Development Grant
In 2015, ACHE lost two champions of continuing higher education just prior to the Annual Conference and Meeting in St. Louis: Charlee Lanis of East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma, and Don Devilbiss of Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania. But Charlee and Don were not just champions of the students they served. They were also champions of supporting their staff in obtaining key professional development needed to do the important work of serving adult and non-traditional students. In honor of the spirit and character of Charlee, Don, and other ACHE champions of CE who have passed away, the ACHE Board of Directors authorized establishment of the ACHE Memorial Staff Development Grant in order to assist with funding CE unit staff to participate in professional development activities.
Each year, ACHE will award one grant in an amount not to exceed $1500 for a CE staff member to attend an ACHE professional development event - to include the annual or a regional conference, leadership training, or other type of activity as seems appropriate to the needs of the selectee - in order to further their professional development growth and hone their skills.
• ACHE members who have or whose organizations have maintained a membership for at least one year immediately preceding application and are working in the field of adult continuing higher education
• Submission period: May 15 - July 31, 2018
Applicants must submit the following:
• A personal statement and explanation from the applicant (maximum of 500 words) of their interest in the grant and how they hope to grow professionally through the opportunity;
• A letter of support from the person responsible for approving the applicant's attendance at the event, which should include a statement as to what that person expects the applicant to gain through the experience; and
• A completed grant application form (contact information below).