About the ACHE Outstanding Services to Underserved Populations Award
Open to: Institutional and Organizational members in good standing
Submission period: May 14 - June 15, 2018
This award recognizes ACHE members for their innovative lifelong learning programs that demonstrate outstanding service to underserved populations. Both credit and non-credit programs are eligible for nomination. The winning program or project must be innovative, have a proven success record, demonstrate excellence, be adaptive to other settings or institutions, and document service to populations typically underserved by continuing higher education.
For Credit submissions: the program must have been in existence for 2 or more years
For Non-Credit submissions: the program must have been in existence for 1 or more years (Exception: programs or events that are contained within a one year timeframe, such as conferences or a fund-raising event)
Complete the nomination form below, including a 500-word summary of the program/project as fully implemented and answering the following:
• What are your goals and objectives with this program or service?
• Why does this program or service successfully meet the goals of this award?
• How was the program innovative?
• What technologies, if any, were employed and how were they used?
• What does your program cost and how was it financed? What was the cost, if any, to the beneficiaries?
• Has the program or service been evaluated? What are the evaluation results?
• What is the most significant lesson learned from this experience?
• How might other institutions replicate or adapt this program to their needs?